If you want To Become a Role Model for others, you must become a hard worker. Therefore, you must spend day and night working towards your goals. When others see that you are outworking them, and that you are highly dedicated towards your goal. They will listen more often to you, and they will follow your footsteps. Likewise, Hard work tells a lot about a person. It tells us that this person is not a procrastinator or day dreamer. In the same vein, Hard work will also benefit you with patience, tolerance, and excellent mental stamina.
Winners embrace hard work. They love the discipline of it, the trade-off they’re making to win. Losers, on the other hand, see it as punishment. And that’s the difference.-Lou Holtz
Consistency is very important for being a role model. That is to say, if are waking up every day and repeating your tasks. In other words, you are hustling, and constantly reminding everyone that they can do something as well. I myself, wake up every day at 5 and work all day long. People around me have started to follow me, and they are being inspired. Remember, Consistency differentiates between a talkative dreamer, and the one who goes out there and hustle’s every day. Consistency also means, that you are obsessed with your goals, and you love what you are doing.
“Success isn’t always about greatness. It’s about consistency. Consistent hard work leads to success. Greatness will come.”– Dwayne Johnson
Another important factor is Discipline, which you might have noticed is very much a parent aspect of Consistency and Hard work. For me though, Discipline is different. It is all about self-control and staying composed.
“All Successes Begin With Self-Discipline. It starts with you”– Dwayne Johnson
For example, if you are taking those decisions, that are beneficial for you. This means that you are highly disciplined, because you took some kind of actions that got you out of your comfort zone. Self-control is also self-motivation and always staying inspired to do something.
So how can you really improve your Discipline to become a role model for everyone?
- Always stay in control – Do not say anything without thinking. Take every decision with a purpose.
- Avoid Irrelevant Things – Stay true to the purpose, and become obsessed with your goals.
- Other Aspects of Discipline – Follow other min-factors of discipline like consistency, tolerance, patience, hard work, and more.
Learn To Communicate, because without communication skills, you will just look like just another average person. So how does communication relate to being a role model?
Well, body language is very important. People around you are always noticing the words you speak. If you want to become a role model, try to act like one. Have a calm and composed personality, and anyone who sees your charisma while approaching communication should be inspired. Here are few tips to become good at communication
- Never swear – Never ever swear in front of anyone, talk with facts and composure.
- Become a good listener – Do not interrupt others while talking. Always try to understand their point & perspective.
- Respect Others Opinion – Do not disagree with someone’s else opinion, just because you think differently.
- Show genuine interest in others – Give importance to whatever they say, and make them feel important.
- Avoid Criticism – Strictly avoid criticism, because it makes you look like a fool.
- Reading More About Books – Start reading good books on Communication, like How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
One of the biggest concerns with today’s generation is that none of them have productive habits & hobbies. Everyone seems to scroll down YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, or Snapchat. Even worse, some teenagers are wasting all their prime years playing videos games all day. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying that video games are bad. Its just that instead of playing games, why don’t you read some good books? Watch excellent documentaries? Perhaps Meditate or go for an adventure?
“Until we can manage time, we can manage nothing else.”– Peter Drucker.
See the point here is that you should do something valuable for you in the future. For example, someone that can really help you one year from today or maybe ten years from today. I know that every book I read helped me take some very crucial decisions in my life. When others around you notice, that this person has healthy habits, and he does not get distracted by these so-called temporary pleasures. They will feel motivated & inspired. Thus, you later become a role model for them. Lastly, if you want to become a successful entrepreneur, must read this!